In this section, we will show you an introduction to the basics of computers and programming, in order to give you a foundation on which to build your skills in the future sections! After learning about how computers work, we will provide instructions on coding so that you can strengthen your understanding!
What is the basic concept of computer language?
There are billions of computers in the world, but they all work on the same principles: a processor that does calculations, it is connected to a screen that displays the results of those calculations, and finally, it is connected to an input device that allows the user to enter data.
All computers have the same basic components, but you can use certain instructions or computer languages for different applications. For example, in order to create games, you will need specialized software as opposed to word processing, databases, or web design.
How do I start learning computer programming?
The best way to get started is to choose a computer language that you already know! For example, if you have tried learning a new language in the past, such as French or Spanish, you have already learned something about programming. Whenever you learn a new word or practice using it in a sentence, you are programming your brain!
For computers, we use something called object-oriented programming. This means that we give each of our entries a name (called objects) and then create different sentences by giving it instructions and commands.
What are some examples of object-oriented languages? Programming languages can be used to create simple programs like calculators, games, or even entire operating systems.
Types of Computer Languages
There are many different computer languages used to create computer programs, so it can be difficult to choose which one you should learn next. Here are some examples of popular computer languages used to create electronic computers:
The following sections will take a deeper look at the major components of programming languages. Think of them as the foundation for your computer program.
- Algorithms: These are instructions that the computer executes to complete a task, such as the ones used in games and mobile apps. You will need these algorithms to get your computer to do something useful, such as searching through phone book data or navigating on Google Maps!
- Data types: These are different types of information that are stored in the computer memory. The most common types of data stored in programming languages include numbers (such as 3, 1), strings (such as “hello”), and composite data types (such as books). The data type of each sentence is usually determined by the program.
- Input/Output: These are programming commands that allow you to communicate with the computer. For example, if you don’t want your program to wait for input from the user before calculating, you can write an “input” command that waits for user input before completing calculations. The most common types of data used in computer programs are numbers and text (such as 1, “hello”, or A).
- Blocks of code: This is a group of instructions placed next to each other based on the rules of programming language. It is similar to English sentences where certain words such as verbs are modified according to their use in a specific context.
Resources for Learning, Teaching, and Doing Programming
There are many online resources that you can use to learn to program. You may prefer to learn from an in-person instructor, or you may prefer to listen to prerecorded lectures while you are at your computer.
However, it is important to remember that the Internet is not a replacement for human interaction. A course or book taught by a person cannot compare with the guidance and support of a teacher who knows how your mind works and who has spent years in school learning about different topics.
In addition, if you ever encounter a problem while coding that your instructor has never seen before, it would be difficult for them to help you solve it quickly unless they know what you have done so far.
Resources for Creating Programs (Apps)
Once you have created your program and are ready to share it with the world, you will need to package it up and upload it to an online site such as Google Play Store.
- App Development Kits (ADK): These are development kits that come with a platform (such as Android or iOS) and instructions for creating a simple app. They can be used by anyone who has basic computer programming knowledge!
- IDE (Integrated Development Environment): These programs help create, test, debug, and edit your program code in the most efficient way possible. They are usually free of charge! However, some require a paid subscription fee in order to use them in full strength.
- Programming IDEs: These are more powerful versions of the programming IDEs, which contain advanced features. They usually require a paid subscription fee in order to use them in full strength.
- Repositories: These are online libraries that contain code that you can use to create your programs. For example, Google Play Store contains lots of code that you can “borrow” and do with it whatever you like!
How do I find a programming job?
The first step is to join one of the many programming job/recruitment sites that are available. The best option is to use a regular old-fashioned search engine (ie, Google) and enter the word “programming”.
You should find a list of paid job adverts from various companies who want an application from you in their company. You can read these adverts thoroughly, decide which suit you and then contact the companies by sending them your CV (an email to your name at their address) where they will ask you several questions about yourself, such as why you want a job like that, what skills do you have or where do you live?
You should also check out specialist blogging sites with programming jobs.
Although it is not mandatory, if you are willing to take on the challenge, I recommend that you take college courses in Computer Programming. These courses will give you the knowledge required to make your own programs and will not cost you too much money as well. Students who are interested can find information at their local community colleges or universities.
What is the salary for a programmer?
The answer to this question varies depending on the location and experience. As a programmer, you can expect at least $50,000 in most cities in the United States, although some programmers earn as much as $80,000 per year or more. Keep in mind that the salary for a programmer can vary based on their skill set and experience.
Which programming language is best?
There is no one best programming language – although many programmers prefer certain languages over others based on their own preferences. What’s more important is to choose a language that will help you get jobs or be successful.
How much can you make as an app developer?
The salary for an app developer varies and depends on many factors, among them – the country of employment, the programming language, the willingness to learn more, the skillset, and experience. However, a programmer in a developing country can expect to make much less compared to one in Canada or the United States.